Monday, July 19, 2010

Comic NEWS! KNIGHT AND SQUIRE #1

I don't really post up news about comics on this blog... since those news are so easily available everywhere (other blogs, websites, etc..)
But why shouldn't I afterall?!

A new Bat-book is about to his the stands.
From the pages of Grant Morrison's run on Batman comes:


KNIGHT AND SQUIRE!
I really liked these two characters. A very fun take on the duo of Batman & Robin, a british take on them!
It will be written by Paul Cornell, with art from Jimmy Broxton and covers by Yanick Paquette.

Here's a word from Cornell:
"I'm very pleased to say that my second book for DC Comics is a very British one. Knight and Squire appeared most recently in Grant Morrison's Batman run, and they come from a deliberately over the top, tremendously fun DC Britain that had previously been only slightly explored. If Captain Britain was a more realistic take on British superheroics, Knight and Squire delights in Mary Poppins absurdity, in what I think is a quite 2000AD way. The artist on this six issue miniseries is the great Jimmy Broxton, who I've found shares my joy in all things Round the Horne and Carry On. Check out the story at DC's blog here. And here's Yanick Paquette's lovely cover to our first issue"

It's only a mini-series for now, but I really hope this gets made into a regular on-going series!
Yeah, yeah, we already have Batman & Robin, Batman, Gotham Sirens, Red Robin, Azrael, Batgirl, Batman Confidential, Birds of Prey, Batman Beyond and Streets Of Gotham.... Did I miss something? :P
Another Bat-book!
But I really think this one deserves a chance! It's a british armoured Batman, Knight! And his Squire! Come on! The concept itself makes it a lot more interesting than, say "Batman" (no the Batman & Robin book, the other one) or Batman Confidential (telling past events in Bruce Wayne's life, I prefer mini series or one shot for that!).

Anyway, I'll check this out when it will come out! Like I said, 'love these two characters!

1 comment:

  1. It looks pretty kickass!
    And I loved those two characters in their brief appearances here and there!

    ReplyDelete