Monday, September 27, 2010

What did you do this weekend?!


Hey gals and guys!
It's time for yet another WDYDTW!

It's been a heckuva couple o' weeks lately...that's why you haven't seen much reviews lately...
Anyway, I was still able to relax some this weekend and play and read some stuff.



I was mostly reading all my Young Justice comics I got from here.
I just love this series! The art's fun, the character great... It's so sad it was cancelled back then :/
At least it got more issues than Jamie Reyes/Blue Beetle! -sigh-

I specially digged issue #15 (picture above). For Green Arrow fans that know what "Longbow Hunters" is, let's just say it's sort of the same type of plot, in one issue, for Arrowette instead of Ollie.
For the others, let's just say a guy kills someone close to Arrowette, it drives her off the edge, she hunts them down...and..
Very great writing here! There's even a little critique of today's reaction to violence and such.
Politician: "Murders like this happen because of people are nowadays desensitized from violence. With violent movies, violent music, violent videogames, violent comic books.."
Arrowette: "Violent comic books?!? You gotta be kiddin' me.. It's the guns! People shouldn't be allowed to have guns!! And you've dismissed all attempts to prohibit guns here so far..."
Kinda misquoted (done from memory), but you get the idea.


As for gamin', I finally finished Shattered Dimensions!
Whuzza!

Great fun game! It reminded me a lot of Spidey's first 3D game (on Dreamcast, PS1 & N64).
Sure it left out the sandbox from the past half dozen Spider-man games..but I'd say Good Riddance!
It was getting pretty redundant and back tracking NYC all the time was getting tiresome..

The voice acting and music (for levels and cutscenes) was fantastic this time around, a point that has been mistreated in all previous games.
Some levels directly reminded me of some previous levels from that 1st 3D Spider-man game. (Kraven stage was pretty close in feel and design to the sewers levels, Doc Ock 2099 pretty similar to the underwater base, etc..).
The costumes were a nice touch ;)
Loved using 1602 Spidey, Scarlet and other suits.
The graphics were great, there's lots of replay value thanks to the in-game missions and stuff to buy/unlock.
I would have loved an extra level per character.
(I mean, getting to play the awesomly fun & funny Miguel O'Hara for only 3 levels..?)


Oh and I finally got to finish my playthrough Splatterhouse 3.
Hide the kids, turn away if you're a sensible one...

So expect to see its review as soon as I can!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I liked Bag-Man's costume. It's the one with a Fantastic Four costume below (not my fav Bat-Man variant though..)
    I used it in the whole Sandman stage. Pretty fun to see Pete face Sandman with this costume complaining "Eew, I'm gonna have sand in my suit for the rest of the week"

    Brave & The Bold isn't out here yet... AAAaaah!! I wanna try it!! Gimme!

    ReplyDelete