Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Walking Dead - 1st impressions


So, yesterday I was finally able to watch the 1st episode of the live TV series based on the post-zombie apocalypse comic The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman.

Here's my first thoughts and impressions based on just that:

I really loved it!
Really! One of the best comic-to-live adaptations I've ever seen :)
It really had a beautiful cinematic feel!
And I mean that, unlike most current "hollywood" garbage-movies we've had lately. Most real "movies" dond't even have a nice look and feel, now all the time we only get shaky cams, digital blue or yellow-ysh recolored pics, 3D-gimmick to sell tickets and no content.


Here Frank Darabont and co. made a fantastic product. He's gonna direct a lot of upcoming episodes, write most of them and supervise the show, soe I've got big hopes for the future of the series.

Great production values, great shots, angles, scenes..etc..

Simply put, an amazing zombie TV show who rivals any of those recent zombie flicks easily!
And quite faithful to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment