Monday, December 20, 2010

What did you do this weekend?!


Long time since I put up a review, right?
Well in the meantime, here's a little recap of this past weekend!
I'd like to read about your side, so don't hesitate to write in the comments below and not just on my deviantArt's page!


I've been still playing though the recent Splatterhouse.

Still not finished it! But you'll hear more on this on the review I'll have up about it...



And other than Splatty, the thing I've been playing the most lately has been No More Heroes!

I'm putting so many hours in this game!^^
I do not usually love 100+ hours games, like RPGs and stuff. But this...this!! Now that's more like it :)

In case you don't know this one, it's a very fun self-referential/tribute/homage/parody hack n slash/beat 'em all on the Wii. (and soon on the next gen systems too). The game uses a city/HUB to play around in missions and all, but it's mostly composed of linear levels and many, many boss fights! Looooove 'em :)

I prefer to play and help a game like this (BUY IT!!) than one of those Xth sequels to Zelda, Sonic or Mario on the Wii!
(see?? There's plenty of good games on the Wii too, they just, like, don't have as much advertisment :/)


I also have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood since my birthday (thanks bro'!), only played the first chapter but will probably leave this on stand by for now.
The main solo game, love it, like past AC games.

I wanted to try the multiplayer mode...but...Darn'! Looks like Ubi (Soft) don't have as much experience on the online part.
The matchmaking, settings, etc...even the way you search for online games...its so...unclear and too bland.
I had my game search and make me wait for an hour (Game found...2/6 players...3/6...4/6...2/6...Game lost.....search...Game found... 1/6...AAAH!!)
So I haven't been able to find other players and try the multiplayer mode.
Guess by the time I'll decide to play through ACB and finish it there will be no more gamers online.

One good reason why I don't like and don't play online multiplayer games! (I like to play at my pace and when I want, like playing 2-3 years old games and stuff..exactly what doesn't work with online multiplayer gamin')


Other than that?
I've been watching and liking this new Marvel cartoon. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I usually tend to prefer DC cartoons, even back in the 90s when I was mostly a Marvel reader.
But this one...
So fun! And faithful!

My only question: Will they use Taskmaster in an episode??
(I love this guy! Plus he actually was an Avenger villain in the beginning, so..)


Speaking of which...
I've been reading an awful lot of Deadpool.
All the classic run, Fabian Nicieza, Joe Kelly, Gail Simone, all the others...Cable and Deadpool...
But also Daniel Way's recent reboot...

I specially loved Agent X.
Great character. The book itself acted as spinoff/sequel to Simone's earlier Deadpool final issues. And interlude before the classic Cable & Deadpool series.

Should I put up new comic reviews, Deadpool comics?


And why didn't you see more reviews lately?
Well, December is a busy-busy month.
With Christmas coming up, all the things I wanted to finish (be it work, projects, games or even commissions..)... Let's just say I've been kept pretty busy.

Reviews are just something I do for "fun", it's not like I have the most read blog ever.

But fear not, more will come soon finally!

I have been mostly working on my XMAS special comic for CoolApe dot org.
Which will be up tomorrow, like every Tuesday.

And that's all for this time folks~

No comments:

Post a Comment