Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blog! Lost Planet done! Hooray!


Blog time!
Yay!
Today I finally finished Lost Planet! (the first one) (a videogame on the Xbox 360) (and also available on the PS3) (that's a lot of parentheses)

It only took me 4 years to beat the goshdarn' game! XD


Yeah, I bought it ~4 years ago.
Love it, the atmosphere, the combat, the gameplay, the snowed planet, the giant insectoid monsters.
But then when you reach the end, the game throws out the window all of the gameplay it was based upon and its rules, and then go all the way japanese flying mechas on you....
Hardcore final boss, dude!
So I spent days, litterally days, four years ago trying to beat him...to no success...

Zoom back to ~2 years ago.
I had just bought Bionic Commando on day 1. The modern one.
But before playing it, I decided to finally finish Lost Planet...to no success....
Played hours of it ...And still not able to beat that final boss!!!

Today, I was making some order, having a look back at those modern Capcom games, that if they aren't fighting games, Devil May Cry or Resident Evils pass most of the time overlooked by fanboys and geeks...
Anyway, after playing some Bionic Commando again for fun and thinking about Dark Void, I decided to try a bit of Lost Planet again after all this time.
But I couldn't replay some old (favorite) levels, since it would erase the current checkpoint on the last boss's final form. So I decided to give it a try.
1 hour later...FINALLY!!
BEAT. THIS. GOSHDARN. BOSS!! HOORAY!!

Morality: Difficult games is great, it gives them a fantastic sense of accomplishment once you finally beat the heck out of them.
As frustrating as it is.
*looking at you Ghouls 'n' Ghosts*
(another Capcom game)
(darn, there were a lot of parentheses in this post)
Not as much as in this plathrough Lost Planet!
(You said it buddy!)
BWAHAHAHAHA!!
(BWAHAHAHAHA!! )

No comments:

Post a Comment