Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Robin Williams' Zelda Ads - Ocarine/Four Swords/Skyward Sword

I was sure I had posted the previous ones when I faved them over at youtube back then...
Oh well.


Well this man, as everyone knows, is Robin Williams.
He's a great comedic actor, a very funny comedian, etc.
As fewer of you probably know is daughter is named Zelda Williams. That's right, he named her after the Legend of Zelda videogame series (and main character princess Zelda).
Robin Williams is known to be a big gamer and mentioning videogames often during interviews.
The original Zelda is his favorite game of all time.

These video have already gone throughout the interwebs, probably all of you have seen 'em.
I thought I had posted the first one a while ago... I probably did but messed up my labels so I couldn't find that post. Edit: Found them tagged them correctly!

Anyways, here's all three commercials Williams did for Nintendo alongside his daughter.

The first one was for the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D remake on 3DS.



Pretty self explanatory and funny.
It has already become a classic!
Now that's how you make a genuinely fun advertisement without over-using a celebrity but simply having fun along.

Then, more recently, the dad & daughter Williams duo did this other ad, for Zelda Four Swords now:



Finally, this one was just released in some countries for now, so excuse the format.
It's for the latest entry Zelda: Skyward Sword:



Nintendo sure is having fun with the Princess Zelda/Zelda Williams connection lately :P

Awesome!
You know what, I might actually finally buy a new Zelda game! (latest was Wind Waker personally)
Robin Williams seems to enjoy making these, such a great guy. And Zelda is quite lovely. :P

And I just noticed...
That's a lot of Zelda games lately.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I had a fangasm when I saw this for the first time. I'm a HUGE Robin Williams fan so seeing him promote Zelda and finding out he's a huge fan MADE MY DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was such a surprise!
    I knew he liked videogames though:
    http://eyzmaster.blogspot.com/2010/11/did-you-know-robin-williams-was-huuuge.html

    It almost brought me back into the franchise :P
    (almost, cause I still prefer the retro top view Zeldas rather than the current "over the should" ones)
    (but I am some Zeldas late which I still instead to play before catching up to the last one - the DS ones)

    ReplyDelete