Tuesday, February 21, 2012

MusicBox - Music Hits from the 80s


Today I got some very redundant mechanic job to do (classify and put in order into various files documents for the marketing team, at work).

And what best to do than to listen to great music songs from the 80s?
I love the music from the 80s.
Thanfully, this guy on youtube - Fabmatuu - has put up some epic videos on his youtube channel.
He compiled the best music hits from various years.
My favorites are, no doubt, the hits from the 80s, being born in the middle of those years. I grew up with those songs, be it on TV or in the movies that came out around that time and used to play on TV (I wasn't watching movies on theaters, I didn't start going there much later, most movies I seen as a kid like most people where those that used to play on TV...which brought me the culture of the 80s, be it with such classics as Terminator, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, etc.)

Anyway, this dude also compiled hits from the late 90s and most of the years 2000s..but it just doesn't do it to me anymore. Besides one or two fun rock songs, like those from the Offspring or such, most random pop songs, rap, etc.. I can't stand it! There, I said it!

Without further redo, here's his hits compilation. Be sure to check out his channel for more similar videos!

1980 - 1981 Music Hits 



Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall
AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
Michael Jackson - Rock With You
John Lennon - Starting Over
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
AC/DC - Back In Black
Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
Olivia Newton John - Physical

1982 - 1983 Music Hits 



1984 - 1985 Music Hits 



1986 - 1987 Music Hits



1988 - 1989 Music Hits 



What can we note from all this?
There's cult Michael Jackson songs every year. He was starting to make and more memorable songs! His skin was also getting lighter every year (!!?) XD
Lots of timeless songs released, including my favs such as Dexy's Midnight Runners' Come On Eileen, but there's also for tastes and colors, from Metallica, Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses, Rick Astley, etc.

I love the fact I know most if not all of these songs.
Can't say the same for more recent years personally :P

I can so easily listen to this on repeat :P

And that is it~

No comments:

Post a Comment