Wednesday, October 3, 2012

#Gaming NEWS! What the New Karateka Looks Like

After helping bring back the Prince of Persia in a reboot a few years ago, it's time for yet another Jordan Mechner propriety to be reimagined.

I dunno why, but because of how these sort of projects turn out lately, I was almost expecting a Kickstarter announcement.

Karateka is back!
Also, I'm glad to see him revisiting another of his creations. Enough with the Prince already.


After the surprise of the art style, it looks way more traditional than the recent PoPs. The HUD is kept intact, it still looks like a sidescroller/fighting game.

You know what? I'm loving it so far.
I just need it to play as good and fun as it looks, with some top notch precision and all.






Can't wait to see more on this.
(not everything needs to be photo-realistic to be "good" - I laugh at that term... *sees 1000+ crappy HD-looking games)
Hopefully it runs smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment