Monday, June 12, 2017

#E3News Day 1 - Bethesda conference

It's that time of the year! Time for a new E3 to either blow our minds or seriously disappoint us...


First to open up the E3 2017 show was the Bethesda conference. And they had so many surprises - I'm all on board for some of these new games!

Let's start with the most random one, Doom VFR!


They announced a VR variant of Doom 4! Which.. could be fun (saying this as someone who doesn't really buy into VR), but it's another one of these "point-to-move" experiences which kinda takes you out of the Doom gameplay in my eyes. Check this out:



Next, we have the long rumored Evil Within 2!!


Best news, if you ask me. I've been really enjoying the first game. It's a solid blend of horror and survival horror gameplay. I'm pretty sure Shinji Mikami's return to the genre had an influence on the direction of the last Mikami-less Resident Evil 7 at Capcom. Check out the pretty vague trailer:



I'm super-glad they're actually making a sequel, I never thought we'd see one!

The Evil Within 2 will be released on the very appropriate Friday the 13th of this October.

And finally the best most surprising announcement on Bethesda's part, yet-another new Wolfenstein game!


They've been cranking these out pretty quickly lately. Hey, I'm ok as long as the quality follows.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is the new installment in this long running classic FPS series. (The only "thing" that makes me "tick" is the "II". It's like the 6th or 9th episode by now, depending how you count these.)



This already looks amazing! In spirit with these new games, fun and brutal.

The game will be out in October as well.

And that's it for Bethesda. At least, what caught my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment