Thursday, March 15, 2018

#Blog Got myself one more Sega System

To make things harder on my retro-gaming side, I decided to get myself one more old school Sega console.

I already had a Sega SG-1000 (mark II model):
And the original Sega Master System (European model):
And this just came in the mail...!
A Japanese Sega Mark III (basically a Japanese Master System, not really another version of the SG-1000 like the mark II).


Here she is next to her older sister:

It’s a great addition for me, since she is basically a multi-compatible SG-1000/Master System (and Sega Card) console.
Trying some games:
Alex Kidd (a MS game)
The original Flicky (a SG-1000 game)


Zaxxon
Next step - the original SG-1000...!
(but it’s super-expensive, even on ebay, so for now we’ll keep it aside...)

3 comments:

  1. It's called the "Sega System". The term "Master System" was the name for the particular bundle set with the Light Phaser and Safari Hunt. There was also the "SegaScope 3-D System" set and the "Base System" set. The general name for the console was the "SEGA System".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the craziest take I've ever read, probably from someone too young to have gamed at the time.
      It's the Master System, always has been referred like that on boxes, games, game covers, history of Sega in other games/Segagaga, etc.
      Did you even check the logo??
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_System#/media/File:Sega-master-system-logo.png

      Delete
    2. Why did I even bother replying, I checked your link, it sends you to 4chan.

      That.
      Explains everything.

      Have a good day!

      Delete