Wednesday, May 19, 2010

MOVIE NEWS! More superheroes teevee and some badass movies.

Here's some more movie and TV news!

Superheroic action on TV, epic muscle-action in theaters!

Hey guys and gals!

Here's some news, about the stuff I've been following.

First off, the SuperHeroes(TM)!

There's finally a Trailer for the future NBC brand new show about a Batman-like character The Cape!
Looks...great and interesting, strangely...
I'm not expecting too much about this one, but all the previous and clips I've been so far made me quite a positive impressivon so far.
It's like my Batman-would be-perfect-adaption. Imagine people adapting the Batman year one as a tv series (leading up to the Long Halloween or other early Batman tales)
Superheroes work a lot better as serials in my opinion, just for their heroic day-to-day heroic action. Comics are a serial-type of medium afterall!

Anyway here's the trailer, watch it!

Looks neat! 

I wanna believe in this one, please producers/writers/directors, don't screw this one up!!!

Didn't I say in that last NEWS! post that superheroes were finally coming to tv now??
Here's just a proof of that:


It's like the Incredibles meet the Fantastic Four (both the comics and the live action movies)

That's ABC studios take on the new TV genre - No Ordinary Family it is.
It's a bit more in the line of what fans of the show Heroes would want probably.

Like with The Cape, I'm not expecting a lot from both these shows. I hope the SuperHero genre translates well on TV, at least as the 90s live-action The Flash series.
And hoping for something other than a little girly drama à la Smallville. Please, nothing like Smallville! I hate those teen emo-angsty drama shows...

Anyway, that's all for TV.

Movies now!
 Art by Cameron Bennett (Website)

George A. Romero, legendary horror director is back with more Zombie movies, like I already talked about in a previous post.
If you like the genre, the real zombies, not the dumbed down hollywood running ones, there's a pretty neat review up at shocktillyoudrop dot com!
Check it out! Cool stuff!^ ^

Now, on the BADASS ACTION flicks -

The (epic) good

Stallone has been making the most badass action film every kid's that grew up in the late 80s/early 90s dreamt of....
The Expendables will feature an ensemble cast of pure badass-ysh action heroes, including Sylvester Stallone himself, but also Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Bruce Willis, even Arnold "friggin' governator" Schwarzenegger, and many more!

It sounds like a dream come true! A true modern action flick, not some dumb cliché 2000s CGi-fied action flick, but a true modern action flick 80s/90s style!


There's rumours about 2 version, one PG-13 to please the studios and one R-rated, old school! I hope they'll air the R-rated across the world... I'm fearing a Die Hard 4-effect. (you know, getting the kids friendly in theatres and the R-rated much later on DVD...)



Only Jason Statham's presence annoys me in there. I love the guy, sure, but he represents a lot more 2000s action heroes than the old school ones I grew up with...

The bad (ass)

Then there's Van Damme.
He will not be in the Expendables because a) he turned down the offer, because I didn't like the character (rumours about him playing a bad guy/cameo like character) b) he was finishing and closing off his latest project.
The Eagle Path is a movie that was started 2 years ago. The project got cancelled, delayed, interrupted, etc..
It was finally over last year but needed more time to be completly finished.

I love Van Damme. In fact I own most of his movies in DVD. Even his recent direct-to-dvd career has been pretty interesting, a lot more than say Steven Seagal, Chuck Norris or Wesley Snipes.
(to each their own tastes, I say...)
The last movie Van Damme directed himself was The Quest, which is own definitive classic for me, if you like martial arts, tournaments, adventure and gritty action.
His last movie he starred in was JCVD, an incredible comeback to theatres (in french speaking countries at least), and Universal Soldier: Regeneration, well received with the critics but I haven't checked it yet.

So will this new movie -
come to theatres, at least in some countries?
be as good as the two previous flicks?



The ugly (haired dude)

Last but not least, there's going to be a CONAN remake/reboot!
Hey! Hollywood writers need those remakes/reboots, it's not like it's easy being creative nowadays...

This one...sounds... How to put it..? Not necessary!

I dig Conan! When he's played by thhe "friggin' governator" Schwarzenegger!!
That random long haired dude from Star Gate Atlantis will play the governa... I mean Conan. Jason Momoa or sumthin'...
I hope he builds up some muscle for the character... There's gonna be some expectactions for such a classic character!

No trailer for this one. There's still enough time to cancel this one I mean, to shoot it! It only started filming this previous March.

*sigh*

Anyway, enough talkin' for this time!
Until next time~

2 comments:

  1. The Conan movie... huh... pretty afraid of what it's gonna be like!
    Random cliché hollywood popcorn flick? Good? Well done homage/tribute/remake?... who knows!

    Having "déjà vu"? About what? those movies?
    *Fringe reference* Maybe you're having a look at one of your alternate lifes, where you've already seen those movies maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said...
    Dude! It's like in Fringe, when they cross over alternate dimensions and... what?

    ReplyDelete