Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gaming NEWS! Sonic Crayons

Arg... What the F!!
I come back to the internet, to check some stuff, upload some drawings...
And what do I see???
And it's real!


Enjoy the surprise random teaser announcement trailer!

There's even the official Sega page up already!
I like spontaneity, specially nowadays in the age of the internet, where nothing surprises us anymore and spoilers fly around. But this is almost too much!

- And it's supposed to be developed by Sonic Team!
That's right, that's what they've been working on! (NO! Guys! C'me on! I wanted you to work for more than a year on the future 20th anniversary Sonic game!! not...this!)
- There's 2 versions of this "adventure". One on the DS, using both screens, etc..etc..yadda yadda...
- The Wii version will have 2D and 3D segments "à la" Unleashed.
- "Colours" will play an important part of the plot & gameplay. What?! How?

Anyway, keepin' an open minded spirit here... This might be fun. Storybook series-like fun. Or Sonic 2006-rushed fun. Oh... °__O


The best thing to come alongside this RANDOM announcement has been this incredible render. Now that's quite pretty.

7 comments:

  1. I know I just freaked out also, but hey I can't wait though for it, sonic game for wii with new people...awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna try to stay positive for this one.

    Afterall, games are just meant to be entertainment. If someone doesn't like something, just play some other thing.
    (ex: I dont like Gears of Wars, but I don't spend my time bashing/insulting it, I just play other stuff)

    This could be good!
    But I'm afraid of two things:
    - the trailer had a Pegi 3 rating. That's the lowest age I've seen in a Sonic game ever! Only Tails and the Music Maker on the Pico (check...yep!) had it before!
    - Colours... Sounds pretty gimmick-y. We better not have to fill in colors on pictures/portions of the levels. Or could this by a new Mario Paint in disguise??

    ReplyDelete
  3. *checked his megadrive, saturn, dreamcast and gamecube sonic games*
    Oh!
    You're mostly right!
    Though the original Megadrive games are stated 7+ on the ratings on the manuel.

    Alright! Dude, I'm exagerating a bit...
    But most current mainstream Sonic games are 7 by today's standard!
    So I may be a bit right about the game being a bit more kid-friendly this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least it's not Sonic Recolors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..Or is it??
    (You'll see when Sonic will have to recolor Eggman's park, thanks to the help of his new alien friends!)

    Seriously, I'm getting this "crayon adventure" vibe so far...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonic meets the old Wii game "The Blob", you say?

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing I WILL say...

    "Lucky Squiddy Charms are MAGICALLY delicious."

    I wonder what flavor each of those little guys are...

    ReplyDelete