Friday, July 30, 2010

Dave Gibbons - Digital Drawing

At the wacomeurope's youtube channel there's some very neat videos of artist Dave Gibbons drawing methods.

The man himself with a fantastic funny sculpt of Rorschach from monkeywiz's blog.

I really like the guy, one of my favorite artists and a very good writer too!
He's the other half behind the Watchmen, wrote my favorite issues of the Green Lantern Corps current run and worked on the artwork and graphics of the adventure game Beneath a Steel Sky for example.

If you want to check out his instructive videos, are interested in this artist's techniques or are just curious about drawing, hit the players below~













3 comments:

  1. You probably already saw other Dave Gibbons stuff even if you didn't notice, be it in Green Lanterns/GLC, Superman or others~

    I really wanted to give this program a try some day :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't mind a link to my site if you're going to use my photo (photo I took of Dave holding the custom watchmen figure I made for him)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the picture with Altavista, hosted at someone else's site :P
    But sure, I would like to link your blog, I'm all for quoting sources, no worries buddy!

    *edited*

    ReplyDelete