Thursday, August 26, 2010

Random NEWS! Real modern Sonic sidescroller

See.
I said (if you check older posts about this so-called Sonic 4) that the new Sonic 2D isn't a real evolution! It's not a modern day retro Sonic or anything.. It's just a cheap easy cash-in.

It was made for almost nothing (no budget) and will make a ton of profit...

And don't you tell me "it's a modern 2D platformer! With HD graphics!" cause it isn't!
I'm not complaining like Sonic haters or fanboys. I'm just writing my own piece of mind on mah blog, yo!

A real Sonic 4 should have been either
- a real HD 2D game. Like Wario Land Wii or the new Boy and his blob. HD hand-drawn beautiful REAL sprites with tons of details, etc.. But I guess that would have been too expensive for a digital game.. (the reason most animated movies and modern games are all 3D/CGi)
- or a "next gen" sidescroller. Yes, with 3D graphics (and why not running on the "hedgehog engine"), kinda like the handheld Sonic Rush/Sonic Rivals game but on a console system!

Instead we got what I dislike the most "pre-rendered sprites", meaning 3D models used for making 2D sprites.. blah!

Anyway, I'm complaining a lot it seems... let's just check this fanmade (not playable) remake of a stage of Sonic & Knuckles like Sonic 4 should have been made:

Amazing what fans came make with no money and lots of motivation!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you entirely on how the Sonic 4 game SHOULD look like, I was expecting animation like in the Sonic CD intro but as GAMEPLAY graphics. But we just got sonic rush 3 instead : I

    Still suprising how smooth this fasn video is, kind of looks better then the sonic 4 graphics :B

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 2D game looking like Sonic CD intro's! Now we're talking!
    Man, we should do that game instead of them! XD

    It is better than Sonic 4's graphics! It's real 3D, no pre-rendered 2D sprites!! Damn'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was gonna make a lil trailer with the Sonic CD graphics and stuff and see if I could have fooled anyone but I've gotten so busy lately, hey an idea for us in the future eh? : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? Like a whole game? Or just a fake trailer-thingie?

    Or a super-epic-april's fool for next year!! Yeaah!

    ReplyDelete