Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Comic NEWS! Ice on Fire!

Huh..stupid pun for a title...sorry..my bad...

Anyway, some of you probably don't know it, but I'm a huuuuge JLI/Superbuddies fan.
(hey! Some of you probably don't what I'm talking about anyway~)

But WHAT. IS. THIS. CR@P!!?!


This is the cover to Justice League: Generation Lost #12.
There's Rocket Red, a soviet badass hero in a mechsuit, Fire, the green flame brazilian gal and Ice, the sweetest more innocent cutest northern gal and Guy Gardner girlfriend...Tryin' to kill them both?!

Do they need to turn every character into badass violent character?! Can't we have a sweet light hearted gal anymore?!
Yeah, I've kept reading people complaining about it on other blogs before..but now we have a pic and I can see it for real...
:(

Blah!

Couldn't they simply have used Ice Maiden instead of Ice? It's seems like she's turning into a mix of both those separate characters...

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Fun site you posted there!

    I thought the overall *Secret plan* of Generation Lost was to bring back Max on the good guys' side... (with a bit ploting and secretly hidding it beneath the monthly episodes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frob, I hope your Maxwell Lord theory is right. :( I want the real Tora back.

    I think you're right about Max coming to the good side at the end of the series, Eyz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno. When Ice died, she herself had her powers amped up and was being controlled by a villain known as the Overmaster (a being similar to Marvel's celestials).. I could see her being controlled again, as she was in the issue of birds of prey where she was revived, and when turned temporarily into a black lantern. If the return of the Overmaster ends up being a plot point in JLI:GL, well, that'd be pretty cool. But I doubt it. We'll see I guess. I don't see Ice staying like this, its probably just a temporary thing, or maybe Max has control of her somehow considering both were black lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But my problem is that to me, it seems like they're mixing up Ice and Ice Maiden into a single character!

    ReplyDelete