Monday, May 30, 2011

Outcast Studios - LIVE DRAW NIGHT May 2011

So, last night at the Outcast forums, we had another one of our "Live Draw Nights", where a dozen or so comic fans spend hours drawing characters after characters.

http://outcaststudios.com/forums/
It's a very fun challenge, it provides such an interesting and challenging practice session.
It's divided into 4 hours, were we:
- Draw 5-10 minutes characters on the first hour
- We draw half hour sketches the second hour
- Had an interesting rule in the 3rd one, do a "costume swap"
- Finish the last 4th hour with a much more challenging and complete drawing, based on someone's cosplay (this time, it was a pretty professional Iron Man cosplay)

There were some very interesting choices amongst the subject, they weren't even all comic book-related!

Let's check out some of the pics I've drawn last night, if you please!

First Hour


We started with a 90s classic, with Judge Dredd!
I was taking it slowly at first (see face) then noticed the next challenge was already up and rushed through the body...



I'm kinda impressed I was able to draw this much of Zatanna in so little time :P
Always fun to draw Zee^^


A simple Captain America bust.


Marv from Sin City.
Could have been much better.. I should have inked some black spots on his jacket, just for contrast...


Ugliest Joker I've ever drawn...in a "not that really good"-kinda way...

Second Hour


Link, from the Legend of Zelda. First non-comic book character!
We had the choice amongst various Links, but giving me a choice, I had to take Cartoon Link over emo-animu Link...


Okay, I admit it, I had fun with this one.
I decided to draw a more retro Samus Aran from the old Metroid games over the current one...

Third Hour


The "costume swapping" challenge!
We had to pick a character from a list, put him/her into another one's costume and vis-versa.
Some guys at the forums had fun with Poison Ivy's costume and Colossus'. Ha, good times :P
I picked up Starfire and decided to put her into another Titan's costume....


...and Raven into Starfire's.
Ha :P
Kinda gives a completely different angle to both Titans gals, heh? :'3


Fourth Hour


Finally, the last one!
We had these kickass reference pics of a fan in a badass Iron Man cosplay.
I went with a more classic comic book Iron Man for the sketch.

And that is all from last night's 4 hours of LiveDrawNight~
Hope you liked it ;)

Why don't you even try joining in for next time? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment