Friday, August 5, 2011

Movie NEWS! First pic of Superman

And here's our first look at the new Superman/Henry Cavill in the role:

Click for bigger pic!

So, what are you guys expecting of Superman: Man of Steel?

Positive feeling? Wrong direction?
I for one love the big S-shield logo! It was so small in Superman Returns (and let's not even mention the deceiving Smallville glimpse in the lackbuster ending).
The cape's huuuuge too!

The texture of the clothes kinda annoys me though (Hollywood designers sure do love to add all these sorts of useless details...)

The question now is.... red underoos or not??

5 comments:

  1. I'm really trying to keep an open mind about this one. I want an awesome Superman movie really bad. I'm digging the huge cape and big 'S' as well. I don't understand why they felt they had to texture his clothes, but I'm trying not to let it bother me. At least the suit doesn't look like a cheap Halloween costume.

    Trying to stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texturing clothes' been going on in superheroes movies since Sam Raimi's first Spider-man movie... I guess they need a reason to pay those costume designers millions dollars per movie. (btw I always found ridiculous how Spider-man costumes cost billions of dollars for costumes supposed to be made by a nerd in high school....)

    It looks good, though I fear it's a tad bit darker, which if it reflects the movie's tone...might be a problem..

    *crosses fingers for a good movie....I hope so..*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I don't know. It's too rubbery-looking to me. :-/

    Christopher Reeves is forever going to be Superman to me. I grew up with those movies.

    I hope this is a good movie. It looks a bit on the dark side. I want a nice sunny superhero movie, darnit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we need to go to Marvel for the sunny fun superhero movie!

    I am fien with the suit, but I don't think I like Cavill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christopher Reeves will always be the perfect Supes for me as well. And more than that he made a great Superman AND Clark Kent and even made me believe you could have those two characters be the same at heart and yet nobody would mistake one for another.

    Marvel sure's been dominating the movie adaptations so far, the same way DC animations' always been stronger. It seems their superheroes doesn't translate as well in one medium or another..

    ReplyDelete