Tuesday, July 31, 2012

#Yankovic - Goes Face to Face


I've been a huge fan of Weird Al Yankovic...since I remember first going to the Internet over a decade ago~ (more or less)
(well, I remember it clearly, it was "the Dreamcast era", around '99, my first connection to the internet? not with my computer, but with the DC!)

I find out about his parodies - before the 'net? Good luck finding Yankovic-related stuff in Switzerland!!

Anyways, I've been a fan since I discovered his music parodies, his movie UHF, his sketches and finally his fake-interviews!
Weird Al's been going on slowly this past decade, but his last CD releases been as fun and original as his 80s debut. It's the original musics to parody that have been getting worse nowdays - but can you blame the music trends on him?...

After a brief problem with "white rapper" Eminem, Yankovic made another fake-interview like he used to in his good ol' Weird Al Show on MTV (back when they used to, you know, have music there). It was fantastically well received, good thing for Al!

I expected him to jump on the web-series/youtube venture/interactive internet-angle bandwagon sooner than he did BUT nonetheless, Weird Al's finally back with a weekly/monthly-program!

It takes place on the youtube channel The Nerdist.
Face to Face is a new web series of fake-interviews. I'm glad to see Al back! Some think it's to promote a new form of/movie UHF2(?), others (including me) expect the announcement of a new CD.
It started on April 3 and new episodes will be made available every 2-3 weeks!

Check these following ones, Weird Al didn't lose any of his comedic genius or special edit skills.
They're hilarious!
See as Al goes... Face to Face with these celebrities!



Episode 1 (Face to Face with...Denzel Washington and Megan Fox)



Episode 2 (Uma Thurman and Nicolas Cage)



NICKY!!!

Episode 3 (Morgan Freeman and Michael Cera)



I frigging love this one! Michael Cera..... Bwahahaha!

Episode 4 (Sylvester Stallone and Antonio Banderas)



His face at the end is priceless!!

Episode 5 (Patrick Stewart at Comic-Con)



Episode 6 (Harrison Ford and Rose McGowan)



Episode 7 (Jeff Bridges)



Episode 8 (Robert Pattinson and Pierce Brosnan)



(don't expect me to blog-post the new ones, you will have to keep checking those on your own :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment