Friday, December 19, 2014

#Marvel NEWS! Spider-Woman gets a new look

You probably already saw that - but Marvel's giving Spider-Woman (the original one!) her first new costume since she her debut in 1977!


Honestly? After the first "surprise" has passed, I think it looks neat. She still has some trademark aspects from her old costume in there (the color, the "webs", the yellow symbol). It looks neat and modern-ysh.

Let's be clear, the idea was clearly to "surf" on DC's new Batgirl look, that's why Marvel went with this artist to revamp their character. This new look was designed by artist Kris Anka.

It loses some "super hero" spandex look and trade it for a more casual approach/Agent of SHIELD kind of thing.



Retractable webs! Ha!

Explained this way, I wasn't entirely sold on it. But I just love the way it reminds me of Hawkeye current "Hawkguy" look, which I love.

Nice work, Marvel!

Since her new appearance on both her own series and Spider-verse event will happen a few months from now, this costume will make its first appearance in the mobile game Spider-Man Unlimited first (which I've been really enjoying lately):



Source: USA Today

No comments:

Post a Comment