Monday, October 19, 2015

#Short Wolfenstein: the motion comic

Here is something vaguely Halloween-ysh. In that it is kinda horror-oriented, without being clearly so.

I noticed I simply forgot to post these "motion comics" in my review. These shorts Activision released through Gametrailers at the time for the release of Wolfentstein 2009!

It's a recap/summary of the entire Wolfenstein franchise - like I said in my review. Tying Wolfenstein 3D, its prequel Spear of Destiny, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Raven Software Wolfenstein 2009 into a single continuity despite RtCW being clearly a reboot of the series before. And I prefer it that way, stop with the reboots.

The whole thing sort of works actually, but it does make for quite a crazy alternate history in which Hitler was defeated early on, but the Nazis (the 3rd and then the 4th Reich) kept coming up with new crazy supernatural schemes and a single guy kept defeating their entire plan. (But they finally succeeded if you count The New Order which was another reboot, but The Old Order would soon tie that game back into the series.. yeah, they keep doing that with this series.)

Anyways, enjoy:



I really love all these shorts put back together, I liked seeing all these famous scenes recreated here! Well played, Activision.

No comments:

Post a Comment