Wednesday, January 10, 2018

#Blog Finally got my missing Sega console

I finally got myself the Sega SG-1000!!

(SG as in “Sega Games. Yes, the name of the system is the Sega Sega Games-1000. And Sega means “Service games”, so that means it’s the “Service Games’ Service games Games-1000″).

I actually recently won an ebay auction for a complete set of a japanese SG-1000 mark II. I know “collector nerds” would say the original SG-1000 is the most valuable version of the console... but I actually enjoy my retro consoles for actually gaming, not just to put behind a glass and not use them :P

I actually wanted the mark II for the proper pads (you couldn’t unplug them on the mark I), and easier mods to plug it and use it nowadays.

(The original SG-1000 got a revision, called the SG-1000 mark II. Think PS4->PS4pro or PS2->PS2slim or PSX->PSOne.)

The SG-1000 was a 1st gen system, think Atari, Odyssey, etc. So of course it doesn’t look anything as good like a NES. Following the SG-1000 failure in the market, they would come up with a proper follow-up, the Sega Mark III aka the Master System.

(And the Sega Mark III/Master System was an actual follow-up to the SG-1000/mark II. Think Xbox 360->Xbox One or PS2->PS3)

ANYWAYS - I haven’t blogged about retro-gaming in a reaaaal long time, sorry for rambling a bit here.

Today I just received my new console! Or is it old console? AND I’m suuuuper happy about it!

Here’s some pics:
A little set, with the card reader, a bunch of games including the original Flicky, and 2 pads. Everything’s in relatively great state, considering its age!

And being this good takes AGES. SEGA.

Here is the SG-1000 in a shot featuring the other Sega systems (and others!). The Mega Drive/Genesis can be found top left, mounted with the Sega CD and 32x:
BUT I can’t try it just yet.. I’m waiting for a spare NES antenna cable (compatible with it) and a custom power supply (ordered online from here).

And I wouldn’t have it without YOU all and YOUR COMMISSIONS these last few months! So thank you everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment