Friday, April 23, 2010

X-Men, the ANIMated series...

Hello bloggers, readers... well, you 3 or 4 dudes/gals reading this very line : P

Some trivia/fun/funny fact for today!

You remember that 90s X-men animated series?

I love this catchy opening theme. A cult classic forever!

I've always prefered DC animation in general. Even if I grew up with Marvel comics mostly... The DC ones seemed better done, both in animation and story-wise, all under Bruce Timm's creative mind. But the early 90s Spider-man and X-men series really captivated me... The score was brilliant, the voice actors (in french when I was a kid and the original english one that I rewatched later on) were perfect. Spider-man re-used a lot of footage, quick shots, big animated movements (see Venom specially...).
So I kinda prefered X-men... Hey! There were Jubilee and Rogue :'3


X-men was very well done. Look at that opening theme! The actual show wasn't that bad compared to it nor very far away from it's quality, unlike some other cartoons. (Transformers?... G.I.Joe?...)

But it seems it wasn't that great enough for Japan.


SHOCK!!! Holy f... sh... WHAT DA...?!

Woow!
Did you know a japanese studio created an introduction specially for their audience??
It's.. woow! I like how close they stayed to the original design (they couldn't redraw the episodes ya know!)
The music...is different... But quite epic!! SHOCK!!!

Charles Xavier is such a pimp : P


APOCALYPSE kicks ass in this 2nd opening!

The music is a bit less dynamic here, but the picture is a lot more impressive here!
APOCALYPSE is huuuuuuuuge~


I love all the Anime sound effects, characters fighting in the air and all the cliché moments in those 2 opening videos! It kinda works with the X-men somehow...

I would so watch a whole japanese X-men show.

2 comments:

  1. Ok.

    But what d'you think of those Anime opening themes?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cable? 5 times I think, in all that X-men series!
    Since he appeard in the first opening, I'm guessing he only appears once during that time :P
    Japanese probably love him. (hey! He's even in most of the Capcom Marvel fighting games!)

    Omega Red?..
    Mmmm....
    Must be the "tentacles"... °___°

    ReplyDelete