Friday, July 16, 2010

Comic NEWS! Green Lantern MOVIE revealed!!

Wanna check the very first pics of the Green Lantern movies???
Here they are, thanks Entertainment WEEKLY which leaked some early pics (they wanted the surprise for Comic-Con...well, too late now :P)


We finally have a good look at GL's live costume. Or should I say CGi costume in fact, since it will be the first live superhero adaptation without a real costume made for it!


Looks better than what I feared it would be like...
BUT, and this is a big "but", what's up with the weird "veins"-like thingies?! Will it be moving on, on screen? Is it animated light-effects?
The domino mask is pretty cool and, hey, with irises!


I hate Ryan Reynolds. There. I said it! He's boring, plays always the same kinda funny loser guy-type. Be it in more indie/classy films or his last two superhero movies. (specially in Blade: Trinity)
But with this pic, not looking like a douche/smiling and a green floating ring in his hand (well, over his hand..)..I can see it work...kinda.. or it's just the fact that we're not listening to him talk... *crosses finger*


Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris.
Don't know this "Blake Lively", but hey, she could end up as a Star Sapphire!
(but, hey, couldn't they find a black haired gal? I like me some Carol Ferris with black hair dammit!)


Sneak peak of Hector Hammond, a classic GL vilain!
Is he gonna end up being the main villain in this movie? No Sinestro? (also the Paralax rumours were...just rumours?)


More Hector.


First glimpse at Abin Sur.
Looks...pink-ysh... Which is good, I think!

And that's all for now!

Are you waiting for this movie? Expecting big things from it? A crapfest? A decent blockbuster? The next Dark Knight/Star Wars/Star Trek, whatever that means?!

I wanna say, I'm a big fan of the character (and the comics)... please Warner Bros.... don't let me down!!
(what's up with those veins on the costume!?!?)

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, Ryan Reynolds looks like a douchebag :( I hate this moron. A very bad choice for a Hal Jordan.
    And the costume is... not really good either. Where are the white gloves? And the black stripes? Is it ALL green?
    I really hope they don't screw up Kilowog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's still rumours about Sinestro :P
    I'm guessing he will be a mentor to Hal in this first movie... or at least its first half...

    Reynolds acts pretty often like a dorks/dummy... he doesn't have that quality that would make you think "Hey! that guy's got great willpower and the ability to overcome great fear!!"

    I would have prefered, even if he's younger, that guy who played Kirk in the new Star Trek! (think about it...that movie was almost Green Lantern already! kid lost his pilot dad...dreams about flying/going into space...learns duty and respect...joins the intergalatic "corps"...)

    ReplyDelete