Thursday, July 1, 2010

NEWS! Uchū Kaizoku Kyaputen Hārokku!!

Remember the Space Pirate, I mean Captain Harlock?!



Known for us, guys living in a francophone country as Capitaine Albator. This character was huuuuuuuuge here during the 80s and even the early 90s (thanks for reruns).
I even bought some mangas of it while they were releasing them during the 90s.

Well, did you know Toei Animation's is going to make 3D features now, not just produce live action and make 2D animes!?

In 2011 they're gonna release 2 CGi animated features.


That's right. A Harlock CGi feature! Well, I'm not a huuuge fan of the whole CGi movies (from Pixar I only watched the 2 original Toy Story flicks when they were released and nothing else since then) I thought maybe some of you might want to take a look at it, you can have a look at the recently released trailer here

Just a link! Couldn't find better, since Toei's been deleting all videos of it on youtube!

Anyway, you can have a good look at his ship right here:


Nice! A bit dark-ysh/emo, but I guess that's what you'd get from Japan nowadays! (just look at the recent Final Fantasy games or any anime!)

The other CGi flick will be Gaiking.



1 comment:

  1. The Gatchaman isn't canceled!!

    It is still coming out next year!

    It's an IMAGI production (the team who made the TMNT CGi flick and the recent Astroboy feature film).
    It was supposed to come out last year but they almost went bankrupt at that time (like so many companies...).
    Now that they've got new investors they're back on track and even showed a new trailer at the Paris' "Japan Anime" festival. I'll post that if I find a better version of the trailer I'll be able to embed.

    ReplyDelete