Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Toon NEWS! Scott Pilgrim vs the Animation!!

More news for Scott Pilgrim!
There's not only gonna be a Scott Pilgrim movie, now there's gonna be an animated feature as well!


Scott Pilgrim vs the Animation will be a 2-part short animated to air on August 12th on [adult swim] (and probably be released later on the movie DVD/Bluray).

Now, if you're asking me what the heck is Scott Pilgrim, I think I already covered that in that post.

This animated project is overseen by both Bryan Lee O’Malley and Edgar Wright.
The idea seems to have come from those 2 and at Universal, and will be a good way to give life to a scene that was scrapped from the movie.
The toon will be animated by an ex-Cartoon Network studio that works for [adult swim] now.
The voice over will be done by the movie actors.

Anyway, here's some screens to see how faithful the artstyle will be:


And a clip here:




And finally [adult swim] trailer:


2 comments:

  1. I knew there'd probably be a animated series to follow the movie and comics, but shame it's been done in that typical Adult Swim flash movie style : ( I'd have love to have seen detailed animation for a creation like that, it doesn't really compliment the art style which is wicked epic! : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm alright with Adult Swim/Cartoon Network type of animation :P
    I've seen much worse be it in recent toons or older ones! (most hannah barbera oldies were less animated than that, specially compared to Warner or Disney stuff of the same era)

    In fact, I love the big black outlines!
    Kinda like Dexter's Laboratory/Clone Wars.

    At least it's not 3D! (ewwww -__-)

    I find this visual to match pretty well the Scoot Pilgrim books!

    ReplyDelete