Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Movie NEWS! first pic of Peter Parker rebooted

The first pic of the brand new Peter Parker from the Spider-man reboot just surfaced..and..


Oh man...really?
I was ready to accept the redesigned Ben Reilly-inspired costume but this hip/sk8ter Peter might be a too much. Aren't ya trying to sell Spidey to kids a bit too much in this reboot?
I guess the glasses are a nice touch, more so than everything Tobey Maguire ever was in the past 3 flicks, but a skate?
And no, this isn't "fanboy" rant like I've seen on some other places. It's just that they seem to be trying to much with this now and the redesigned costume. I mean, the guy looks old (for High School). And he goes to school on a skate? Wouldn't a bike work better for nerdy-Pete?

Anyways,
I had to post this now:

3 comments:

  1. I hate I HATE I hate "reboots". Why oh why do they have to keep telling the origin stories of characters that are known the world 'round. A 3 year old child could tell you how Peter Parker became Spiderman. I don't care if they want to forget about the last 3 SM movies, just make a NEW one. Not a stupid reboot. I don't want to watch 45 minutes of him moping or skating around high school. I want the opening sequence to be Rhino busting through a bus trying to chase him down. While I'm ranting about reboots... I don't want another Superman origin either. lol. We've got the old movies, we've got Smallville even. We all know Superman, where he came from, where he grew up. *sigh* But anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry... I guess that was a bit of a fanboy rant. But on a side note, I LOVE that skate video you posted! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm kinda tired of all these origins stories, specially for well known established characters like Spider-man!
    And they already announced after Nolan's 3rd Batman we'll have a new Batman flick restarting the franchise, possibly based on the Batman: Year One comic (with some "original twists"...ugh..)

    ReplyDelete