Tuesday, November 18, 2014

#Manga X #Comics NEWS! Attack on Avengers

I think I forgot to post about this, somehow.

This was the craziest news I've read in a long time. Announced recently by a Marvel editor on twitter - which turned out to be true and not some kinda very-early April's fool prank - there's going to be a crossover...

Between...

Marvel's Avengers comics.

And...

The currently most popular gory manga out there,Shingeki no Kyojin (aka Attack on Titan - or as I like to call it Attack on Titans personally, because the American title doesn't make a sense in my eyes).

And what's even more, it's going to be written by Titans-series creator/writer/artist Hajime Isayama, and drawn by an actual US comic book artist.

All I have to say is.. what a strangely random crossover! The Avengers are a family-friendly propriety, right of the super popular Marvel films. And Attack on Titans is... not really kid friendly (even though I know a ton of kids watch fandubs/streams of the anime). Plus I can't even think of a logical way this crossover is going to make any kind of sense, taking both proprieties into consideration. Won't the superheroes be a bit too strong for the Titans or will they be upgraded as well? Won't the Titans chew on all the street-level heroes in the worst possible kind of ways? Is this marketed for kids or older teenagers? And won't this simply turn out to be another take on Marvel Zombies??

Here's some preview pages:









Okay. You had me at the Guardians of the Galaxy. But I really think putting Hooked on a feeling there feels really silly on the page...

Apparently this will be first printed in the Japanese publication Brutus (Magazine House), an English-written magazine sold in Japan. And presumably get a later Japanese-translation tankobon and an US tradepaperback release is a good bet too. Learn English with some Avengers kickin' the ass of Titans!

I still don't get it though...

No comments:

Post a Comment