Wednesday, April 22, 2015

#Japan NEWS! New Attack on Titan live action trailer

I cannot wait for this film:


The Attack on Titans film is going to be a 2-parter. With both parts to be released back-to-back this summer in Japan. (Hopefully a French DVD release will be available pretty quick, since they're super-manga fans over there)

With the first part titled Attack on Titan: End of the World, to be released in August (and the 2nd film in September).

Here's a brand new official trailer that shows us everything:



I already wrote about this in the past, but I'll repeat it. I have no problems with the changes they've made. The cast's now all Japanese, and the plot seems to be  set in modern day Japan instead or rural medieval (?) Europe. Because 1) the manga's still on-going, so nobody but the author knows why and where things are going. And 2) it's not a bastardized clean cut white-washed "Hollywood" adaptation.

I mean, the Fox Dragon Ball film made a lot more questionable and many changes, from Son Goku's origins to the whole saiyan and Picollo lore. Ugh.. Why did I remember this? ugh...

Anyway - this sounds fun AND true to the survival horror-heart of the story. Sign me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment