Friday, January 29, 2016

#DCComics NEWS! Hanna-Barbera New 52'd

Being part of the larger Warner Bros. company, DC Comics has always produced various comics based on several Hanna-Barbera Productions proprieties. Such as The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and Scooby-Doo Where Are You!

They announced a line of books rebooting various HB series for new generations.

So far these titles will include Scooby Apocalypse - a modern scifi take on Scooby-Doo, Wacky Raceland - a darker more mature iteration of the cheesy racing series, a pretty faithful comedy take on The Flintstones and Future Quest - a big epic crossover revolving around John Quest, Space Ghost, etc.

Here's the various covers they already released us:




Actually this whole thing sounds pretty bad to be honest. Loonatics I mean, Scooby-Doo.. sigh.. Wacky Race sounds really awful though...

But that Darwyn Cooke cover of Johnny Quest & co looks ambitious. And I'll be frank I'm already sold on Amanda Conner's take of The Flintstones! This seems as fun as the original live action film, I like a slightly more realistic take on them if the universe is kept the same. Dat Betty though...

Alright, I changed my mind. I'll check some of the non-Scooby-Doo books.

1 comment: