Sunday, May 30, 2010

8 Bit music - Sonic, Cutey Honey and Greeeendizaa!

Hey gang! Well, you 4 or 5 still reading me actually : P
(or you're a whole lot more, according to my Pageviews, but only a couple comment a handfull "follow" the nblog)

I decided to cross-media stuff from my youtube account into this blog!
So, in this first installment "8 Bit music" I wanted to post some 8 bit tunes I've done, base on some fan-favorites games, old school animes and other cult opening themes!
Afterall, we do love our opening videos on this blog!

Here's the very first few 8 bit interpretation I've done.



Sonic Heroes 8-bit

My very first try! This one was done and posted on youtube June 10 2009.
It was done using the great music program FL Studio 8, and some tweaking around with the plugin "magical8bit".
The artwork was mine, and the one I submitted which was featured in Sonic & the Black Knight on the Wii. (yeah, I was one of the winners of that contest...)


Cutey Honey Opening 8-bit

Aaah : )
Cutey Honey! A cult favorite! An 8 bit game would kick so much ass XD
Done and posted June 20 2009.  
Go Nagai rocks! Speaking of...


Grendizer Theme 8-bit

July 28 2009 - Grendizaaa!
Goldorak, the harder one to get right... I'm still not 100% happy with the result here...

Anyway, that's it for today's 8 Bit music!
The pics were all done by me, easily found in my deviantArt gallery in case you'd ask.

2 comments:

  1. Revisiting classic 8-bit chip music arrangements—from the kinetic, syncopated speed runs of Masato Nakamura’s Sonic the Hedgehog soundtracks to the infectious vintage anime energy of Cutie Honey and the dramatic, brassy synth fanfares of Grendizer (Goldorak)—proves just how much character could be squeezed out of rudimentary sound chips. Utilizing limited polyphonic square waves, triangle basslines, and white-noise percussion channels on hardware like the NES (Ricoh 2A03) or Sega Master System (SN76489), chiptune composers and demoscene arrangers crafted unforgettable melodic hooks that transcended technical hardware limitations. Exploring these retro game covers and anime theme adaptations celebrates the ingenious programming and timeless melodic artistry that defined a generation of electronic audio. For anyone taking a quick breather from browsing vintage chiptune archives, listening to retro anime synth covers, and looking for engaging digital entertainment to check out, feel free to visit https://moja.bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this look back at your early 8-bit music experiments. The Sonic Heroes track sounds like a fun starting point, and the Cutey Honey and Grendizer themes are such great choices for this kind of retro treatment. I also like that you mentioned using FL Studio and the magical8bit plugin, because it gives some nice context about how these versions were created. The personal artwork connection to Sonic & the Black Knight is a cool extra detail too. While browsing other interesting sites, I also came across blazelogin, which is worth checking out as well.

    ReplyDelete