Saturday, August 6, 2011

ToeJam & Earl 3: Character Select

Why am I posting this?
Well, one, because I've always been a SEGA fan at heart, and two, because I dig ToeJam & Earl - as underrated or obscure those guys are nowadays.

Here's the character selection screen from the 3rd episode, which came out on the original Xbox around it's launch day:



(and if it looks like it was blocked from youtube, go watch it there!)

Funky!

The original on the Megadrive was pretty "Hip Hop"! And it had this look, like a sort of parody/homage to early rap from the 90s.
Well, the third one in 3D, using the same idea, turn Earl and ToeJam into parodies of rappers from the 2000s. But funnier :P

2 comments:

  1. I still love the first ToeJam & Earl game. One of the few games I bought on my Wii. I never really cared for the rest of their games though. I remember when that game first came out. We played it nonstop. *memories* ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ&E1 was a classic! Great, fun and unique!
    TJ&E2 was a big change from the first... More linear, sidescroller view... Not really the same...
    TJ&E3 though, despite the 3D graphics and modern 3D platformer approach is pretty similar to the original one! And quite funky too!

    ReplyDelete